I love a meme (in fact, I was just looking back over old memes the other night) so it’s fun that Jennie just tagged me in one today.
1. What is your favorite type of cheese? It’d be easier to say what kind of cheese I don’t like and really, even then it’s just which kind of cheese I don’t like as much: pepper jack. Cheese is the whole reason I could never be a vegan (well, cheese and Peeps. Yes, I love Peeps. I am a weirdo), I LOVE cheese.
2. What are you excited about? We are in the middle of some difficult times so I’m trying not to look too far ahead right now but we do have tickets to see Fleetwood Mac in December and as I wanted to BE Stevie Nicks when I was a youngin? That’s pretty damn cool.
3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? I turned 39 and celebrated by attending a Goonies quote along at Alamo Drafthouse.
Dressed appropriately of course.
I also bought myself some tasty cupcakes.
4. What’s on your bedside table? Clutter, pear Güd lotion, castoff jewelry, a glass of water, headache meds and snacks usually.
5. What do you order from the movie concession stand? Lately we only go to Alamo Drafthouse which means I order a stout beer on draft but if we go to a regular movie house? Hot Tamales. I love hot cinnamon candy.
6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? No, not this year, but I do have roses that survive every year in my front flower beds and seem to do well.
7. Any summer plans? Maybe? I hope. So far we have gotten Sprog registered for a summer session at community college, which is a big deal. I would love to float the river this year as I have lived here 21 years and never done it. I want to spend time with friends, swim and travel.
8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon Cooper. I know he’s kinda douchey but the episode where they roll dice for what their D&D characters do to each other? Touched my little geek heart.
9. What’s the last thing you bought? For fun? Sanuk flip flops and the most cozy maxi skirt ever. For unfun? A rim for my car that cost $440 FTLOG.
10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? I am passionate about yoga. I am going through some shit and have been for a couple of years now and it’s the one place where my brain stops. It all stops and I just get to breathe. I love it.
(although after reading Jennie’s I am so boycotting the 2022 World Cup and spreading the word)
11. What are you grateful for this week? I am grateful for the opportunities I’ve had to see the world. I look back at the trips we’ve been able to take and just feel so lucky. So very lucky. I want to see so much more, because each place I see stokes my wanderlust but I have family that haven’t been anywhere at all. I’m also greedy and would love to just go somewhere all the time. Let’s be real.
I’m supposed to tag people but what I’d like more is if you felt like answering these questions to do so and then let me know you’ve done it. That lets me be lazy AND satisfies my curiosity at the same time.