So it’s resolution day and I am cleaning the house to prepare for game night and guests. I have a headache (STILL. GAH) so the going is slow and I figured a break might do me some good.
Here they are:
1) Use my passport. I want to travel out of the country at least once this year, hopefully more and if at all possible drag Sprog along. Ideally I want to go to this fantastic resort in Patagonia that Anthony Bourdain went to or Italy or Scotland but we’ll see what we can swing.
2) Get back to working out. My Wii has been languishing since the tummy issues and I’d like to get back to it already, I miss feeling strong in my own skin.
3) Dress like I mean it. I am so hugely excited about writing for Style Lush, y’all just don’t know and I really do take it very seriously. I would love for people to not be surprised that someone picked me for a style site when they meet me in person.
4) Go back to work. I’m not thrilled about this one, but it is what it is. Hopefully I will be able to find something that helps with our bottom line without me having to sacrifice the comfort that Sprog has in having me home every afternoon.
5) Continue to work on my photography. I really love my art and I want to improve in it. I look up to Emily and Ashley so much for pursuing their dreams in their careers and if I could get just a small bit of that? I’d be happy.
6) Find people of worth. I have a lot of people in my life that use me. They contact me when they need me for something and otherwise I don’t hear from them and it makes me sad. I would really like to foster real friendships in the future.
7) Travel to see friends that are far flung. I value my blog friends and my IRL friends that live far away, I want to see them.
8) Clear the clutter from my life. The hubs and I are both bad about holding onto crap that we don’t need. Stuff needs to go. I’d like to have a garage that can be parked in, organized closets and more pantry space in the kitchen.
9) Get Sprog to volunteer at least once. I want him to truly understand the value of helping others.
10) Be better about correspondence. I rely to heavily on e-mail and online communication. I still have a small stack of CHRISTMAS CARDS waiting to go out for Christ’s sake. GAH!
11) Take advantage of new insurance to get shit sorted That means dentist (you don’t even want to know how many years it’s been) and eye doctor (stop wearing glasses two scrips back) and get Sprog in as well.
12) Read more I watch way too much tv.
13) Play more games as a family Sprog’s behavior is so much better when we are consistent with this.
14) Institute a once monthly game night with friends. This would also be a good way to try out new dishes from my cook books.
15) Find a decent thrift store. I have been looking at some amazing fashion blogs the past couple of days and the amount of fabulous vintage floors me. The ones closest to me have nothing of the sort.
16) Meditate I have not been centered or grounded in quite some time. Things have been shaking me harder than I want them too, affecting me more deeply and hurting me more. I want to be able to shake them off or be better prepared, calmer.
17) Addendum to the above: Grow a thicker skin I have had my feelings hurt A LOT this past year and um, I don’t like it.
Edited to add:
18) Finally get a proper address book This might help with that pesky correspondence problem.